PHILADELPHIA, PA – April 9, 2020 – Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content, today announced blockbuster audience growth across its Podcast Network, which includes Cadence13 and Pineapple Street Studios, outperforming recent softness in listening reported among other leading podcasters.1
It also announced new record listenership of 28 million listeners worldwide during the month of March.2
Since February 14, listenership for Entercom podcasts is up across virtually every category,3 including:
- 60% across society and culture podcasts
- 34% in true crime
- 27% within news and politics
- 26% in music
- 23% in arts
The best performing new titles from Cadence13 include:
- Unlocking Us with Brené Brown, which launched on February 14thand debuted as the No. 1 show in the country4
- America Dissected: Coronavirus, a leading voice in the crisis conversation, catapulted to be one of the most popular podcasts
Other highlights since February 14 include:
- Origins with James Andrew Miller listenership is up 184% in the arts category
- Hacks on Tap with David Axelrod and Mike Murphy is up 178% in the political talk category
- Jill on Money is up 80%, as people actively seek financial advice during this tumultuous time
- Pod Save America has grown 48%, maintaining a strong leadership position in political podcasts
- The Trypod saw 21% growth, as audiences seek great comedy and entertainment
Pineapple Street Studios also recently launched two new titles to help audiences through these uncertain times. The Kids are All…Home is a show for kids, by kids, leveraging the creativity of young producers all around the globe who are stuck at home, while also helping them make sense of their newly disrupted lives. Doctors’ Log, from Pineapple Street Studios and The Meteor, is an intimate audio diary from Dr. Esther Choo, an emergency physician, who reveals what’s happening in hospitals across the country, sharing stories of heroism and providing vital information for staying safe.
About Entercom Communications Corp.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading audio and entertainment company engaging over 170 million consumers each month through its iconic broadcast brands, expansive digital platform, premium podcast network and live events and experiences. With presence in every major U.S. market, and accessible on every device, Entercom delivers the industry’s most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. The company’s robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today’s most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation—all at national scale. Entercom is the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news and the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S. Learn more at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Source: Podtrac https://analytics.podtrac.com/blog/2020/3/30/weekly-podcast-data-amid-the-coronavirus-crisis-update-through-march-29-2020
 Source: Triton, March 2020
 Source: Triton, Society and Culture, News and Politics, Arts percentages represent Feb 14 – April 04 growth, True Crime and Music represent March 20 – Apr 04 growth
 Source: Apple Podcasts Top Charts